Friday, December 11, 2015

Cycles of Publishing




There are cycles of publishing that are impossible to gauge. They come in waves-  sci-fi, drama, horror, love stories.

Amazon indicates that science fiction and fantasy are big sellers, but a writer can't write in that genre if they aren't comfortable with it.

And yes, as a writer we should be able to write anything.....but I believe when you write what you enjoy you write better.

Myself, I enjoy writing about fantasy and love relationships. I wouldn't enjoy writing say a horror book. My experience is in relationships and my creativity seems to draw me towards writing fantasy.

So attempting to write for a specific genre at a certain time is not possible due to writing, editing, and then editing again before the story is perfect. By that time, the cycle would have moved on to the next one.

So as an author......when my book is complete  I publish it! Whatever cycle it  enters I rely on the readers to decide if they choose to read the book or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment